Friday, August 23, 2013

5 Essential Products I Use to Get a Perfect Matte/Airbrush Finish!




All-Time Favorite Face Makeup 
for a matte/airbrush finish 

Rimmel London Fix and Perfect Pro Primer
Revlon Colorstay Foundation
Hard Candy Glamaflauge Concealer
Maybelline Dream Matte Powder
Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray

These are my all time favorite products for the perfect matte look! I get the perfect flawless look with these products!  My skin has never looked so perfect!

Just to reiterate, my skin type is oily/combination. This is why I prefer a more matte look than a dewy look. I want my skin to always look flawless and matte without a caked on look. With using these products, as well as my skin care products, I have a flawless/airbushed look that lasts all day! And no I'm not stretching the truth! 

This is an un filtered photo of my makeup freshly done. I do have blush and bronzer on. Those will be in a separate post.




Primer
Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Pro Primer


After moisturizing, and before you apply any makeup, you need a primer. Primers a designed to prep the skin and create a barrier between the skin and makeup so your skin does not absorb the pigments of your makeup. It protects your skin from any makeup that may clog your pores. 

Now, some people only use a moisturizer instead of a primer but I use both because it works best for my skin type. I've only tried one other primer before this one and that one was the Revlon Beyond Natural Smoothing Primer. 

Differences-
The Revlon primer is really silky smooth, but it felt oily to me and since I have oily skin, this didn't work well for me. This would be more suited for someone with dry skin. It didn't seem to really make my makeup stay on all day either. 

The Rimmel primer is smooth also, but it doesn't feel oily at all! And the fact it mattifies is what really stood out to me. Now, Rimmel makes two primers. The other one has a pink tint to it and if you have really light skin like I do, I wouldn't recommend the other one unless you have a pink undertone. This primer is the BOMB! I don't even care if there's other drug store primers out there, this one works so perfect for me! The first day i used this, after 5-6 hours, my face still looked flawless! And this was before I bought a setting spray. 

Usually after an hour or so, you can't really see my bronzer or blush anymore. With this primer, after a day running errands in the 100 degree dry heat of Texas, my bronzer and blush were just as pigmented as it was when i first applied it earlier that morning! That's when I fell in love with this product. It really made a big difference! 

Foundation
Revlon Colorstay for combination/oily skin (they also make this for dry skin)


This is by far the best foundation... ever!

I use makeup brushes to apply all of my makeup and with this i use a Stippling Brush(duo-fiber). I blend 2 layers of this on first to even out my complexion and then start stippling it on. This really does make the color stay on all day! It's an amazing foundation! It's not too liquidly, but not too thick either. They do make a mousse version of this also which I do have but i accidentally grabbed the wrong shade. But since I live in Texas now, I've gotten pretty dark but not dark enough to use the mousse foundation. 

In combination of using this with the stippling brush, my face looks airbrush and perfect! Absolutely no complaints about this foundation. It's so perfect for my skin and I don't get any breakouts from this at all. 

Concealer
Hard Candy Glamogflauge Heavy Duty Concealer


This concealer is strong enough to cover a dark black tattoo. If that isn't proof enough that this is awesome, I don't know what is. It covered redness, acne and dark circles. I need to get a lighter version of this so it covers my dark circles under my eyes better, but I haven't gotten a change to go get it. 

I use a small concealer brush to apply this. I pat it on, not rub it on. Patting it makes the pigments in this concealer stand out more than rubbing it in. After I do that, I use my stippling brush again over any acne and under my eyes to add to a airbrush look. 

I apply this after my foundation. Using a concealer after you use foundation helps it stand out more. Using it before foundation doesn't seem to be affective because you have to blend your foundation. Blending the foundation over concealer just makes it disappear and you would need to reapply the concealer. 

Powder
Maybelline Dream Matte Powder


Before this, I only used the Covergirl powder for oily skin. I used that ever since I started wearing makeup and now, I can't believe I ever used it. It never seemed to actually control oil. Plus the color wouldn't stay long either and it gave me a caked on look. 

So, I decided to give myself a change and research powders and this Maybelline one is AMAZING if you want a matte look without a caked on look! I thought this would make my face look caked on, but after using this for the first time, I'm hooked! 

I apply this with a powder brush. BUT I don't brush it on like you would think you would. I take the side of the brush and pat it in the powder and then pat it on my face, not brush it on. Why? Because since I used a stippling brush, my face already looks airbrushed and I don't want to rub the powder in and ruin the look i already got. I learned this from a makeup artist on YouTube. 


I don't know why I didn't think to do this before! It makes so much sense to do that instead so you don't smear your foundation and bring back all of the acne and redness that you already concealed! Go check out his video!

Setting Spray
Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray


I recently just bought these ones Ebay. They're super small and I use this 4 times before I'm done with my makeup, yet the bottle is still mostly full! 

This is the first setting spray i have ever used. Since I now live in a state with no humidity and just straight dry heat, I needed something to make my makeup stay all day even if I started to sweat. And this passed the test! Yes, my primer does  seem to make my makeup last longer, but this stuff is like liquid gold in a bottle. It drys quickly, its not sticky, it's doesn't feel like I put hairspray on my face- there's nothing I don't like about this! Urban Decay does make this for oily skin called "De-Slick" but I have not tried it yet. I've heard really great reviews about it and how it really helps control oil! I need to finish up what I have first before I go get anything else. 

And that is how i create a flawless/matte/airbrush look! Thanks for visiting! 






Wanna see a full makeup tutorial? Share this posting with friends and family! If enough people start to read my blog, ill show you step by step how to get the perfect flawless makeup routine! Make sure to come check out all my blogs, especially keep checking back to watch my hair grow! 

Follow me on Instagram! @GiveEmHellGirl




No comments:

Post a Comment